Meet Dr. Eric Lewis, Pueblo & Pueblo West, CO Podiatrist, Board Certified Podiatric Physician & Surgeon
Eric A. Lewis, DPM
Dr. Eric Lewis was born and raised in Pueblo, Colorado, and he is happy to call this great community home once again. After graduating in the top 10 in his class at Pueblo’s South High School, Dr. Lewis received a full-paid scholarship to Colorado State University–Pueblo, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2008 with a Bachelor of Science in Biology, pre-med emphasis and minors in Chemistry and French.
After graduating from CSU-Pueblo, Dr. Lewis attended Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in Des Moines, Iowa, where he received his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine in 2012. While there, Dr. Lewis was an active member of many professional and service organizations at the university, and served as Vice President for the Student National Podiatric Medical Association from 2009-2010.
Having earned his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. Lewis then completed a three-year podiatric medicine and surgical residency with rearfoot and ankle credential at SSM DePaul Health Center in Saint Louis, Missouri. There, he received extensive training in elective and non-elective forefoot and rearfoot surgery, trauma, and diabetic foot care. Dr. Lewis also received advanced training in foot and ankle surgical techniques as part of a month-long immersion in European surgical departments in Germany. During his final year of residency, Dr. Lewis had the honor of serving as Chief Podiatry Resident as SSM DePaul Health Center.
Outside of the professional environment, Dr. Lewis enjoys traveling. He enjoys experiencing local culture and languages abroad, and has relished his visits to France, Germany, Italy, and Spain over the years. He also enjoys going to movies, the outdoors, and spending time with his friends and family. After nearly ten years away, Dr. Lewis is especially thrilled to be able to return to Pueblo and serve this wonderful community.
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines, Iowa Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine (2012)
- Colorado State University – Pueblo, Pueblo, Colorado Bachelor of Science in Biology (Magna Cum Laude) / Minor in Chemistry & French (2008)
- SSM DePaul Health Center | Saint Louis, Missouri, Chief Podiatry Resident (2014 – 2015) ,Podiatric Medicine & Surgery Residency with Reconstructive Rearfoot & Ankle Credential (PMSR/RRA)
Certification and Licensure:
- BLS and ACLS Certified
- Board Qualified in Foot, Rearfoot & Ankle Surgery with American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery
- DEA Licensure
- Colorado Podiatric Medical License
Awards and Recognition:
- APMA Educational Foundation Scholarship (2010)
- Des Moines University Merit Scholarship (2008)
- Student National Podiatric Medical Association, Vice President (2009-2010)
- Positions, Memberships, and Affiliations:
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management
- Member of Colorado Podiatric Medical Association